Saturday, November 01, 2008

Introducing Cool Music Database

On October 31 AOL closed down the websites and journals hosted over there, a fact that, unfortunately, meant curtains for the original Cool Music Central website, the place where I first started posting my rants and raves about the music I'm into, way back in the summer of 1999. Putting aside my emotional attachment to the old site, the truth is that after I started blogging here in March 2008, the AOL hosted C.M.C. website had run its course and the only part of it that was still useful was Cool Music Database, the portal to all my "Best Of" lists with my favorite albums and singles from 1980 to the present day. To make up for that loss, I just started the Cool Music Database blog on Blogger and during the next few weeks all the lists will be restored there. Actually, since these lists are quite old, I' m taking this opportunity to update them with albums that I have discovered more recently and make new ones with favorite singles from the '80s and '90s that were not included in the original C.M.D. Also the Blast From The Past lists that I started posting here will be a part of the new C.M.D. and, if you have a look now, the first couple of posts are all about the '70s: my current Top 30 Albums from 1975 - 1979 (first posted here in September) and a brand new list with 70 favorite tracks from the '70s (the rule this time was no more than 2 songs per band/solo artist). To enhance this '70s fest, you can also stream a hand-picked playlist with punk rock classics from that era. Next stop - The '80s ... coming soon in Cool Music Database - now with added Blogger power!

2 comments:

ng2000 said...

Newdatabases.com hosts free music msaccess databases look-alikes for windows. Might offer something helpful.
http://www.newdatabases.com/music_database.htm

ody said...

Thank you!